The BPM industry must embrace digital transformation to stay ahead of the curve. With the rapid advancement of new technologies such as blockchain, IoT, ML and AI, organizations are struggling to keep pace. Business processes, operations, and structures must adapt to the change rapidly – to leverage benefits of existing technology while exploring the benefits of the latest IT trends.
Sumit Mahajan, CSMO Datamatics Business Solutions, in this insightful conversation with host Nirmala Balakrishnan (Deputy Director, NASSCOM insights) and co-panelists Srikant Balan (VP, Infosys BPM) and Irendra Chhabra (Global Head, Startek) explore the journey of the BPM industry that has led to the evolution and transformation of the industry and future growth opportunities.
- BPM companies are evolving as domain experts, thereby creating significant value for clients
- Despite the blurring lines between the IT and BPM industries, the latter has succeeded in creating a niche for itself
- The BPM industry had evolved from labor arbitrage to BPM 2.0 focusing on effectiveness
- BPM 3.0 consisted of tech play moving into BPM 4.0 (COVID-19 period) with domain centricity
- BPM companies need to create resilience, agility, and digital transformation to thrive in this era.
Chief Sales & Marketing Officer,
Datamatics Business Solutions Ltd.
Vice President & Business Head,
Global Head - Spend Management and Back Office,