- Engaging with various stakeholders (Clients, engagement team, engagement managers/partners and operations team etc.) to coordinate smooth flow of work
- Training/mentoring staff on Canadian taxation, software’s and accounting processes
- Handling client communications and managing all deliveries of each engagement to ensure the Quality and TAT is maintained.
- Exposure to Canadian personal and corporate tax returns/laws.
- Expertise on Canadian Book-keeping (through QuickBooks) and finalization of accounts (through Case-ware).
- Financial Statement Presentation and Review of financial statements for various engagements (Notice to Reader/Review) as per Canadian GAAP/ASPE for different organization types (Corporations, Trusts, Partnerships, Non-profit organizations, Proprietorship)
- Reviewing Canada Individual (T1), Corporate (T2) and Trust (T3) tax returns
- Reviewing tax calculations by tax analyst and ensuring feedback is documented.
- Mentoring Canada F&A & taxation team and ensuring high quality timely deliverables in client facing setup.
- Manage and direct the day to day activities of the offshore tax group.
- Responsible for complying with daily submission of time sheet, updating workflow systems.
- CA/ICWA Inter/MBA-Finance with 4-5 years of experience into handling and managing Canada taxation & Financial Accounting projects
- Should have experience of handling live tax seasons for Canada.
- Proficient in using various features of Tax prep and Profile for Canada tax returns preparation
- Proficient in using Bookkeeping and account finalization software like Case-ware, QuickBooks
- Excellent Client Co-ordination skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent in MS-Office